Skip to content
Go to Organic Directory

Penstock Coffee Corp.

Description

Penstock is a gateway for stories-where ideas and experiences are freely exchanged and where building community truly connects us. We strive to know the people who grow and process our coffee, and we want you to know them too. You are both equal parts of a story that started with a desire to make a better cup of coffee. It begins with supporting and serving the coffee-producing community more than fairly, and continues by bringing people together.
We source as much of our coffee as possible direct. Currently, farm direct coffee accounts for all our Central and most of our South American coffees or about 85% of the coffee we roast. Direct for us means we select the lot and we determine the price, quantity, and quality of the lot directly with the farm or mill owner. For the other 15%, we purchase certified coffee
(Organic, Fair Trade, Bird Friendly, Rainforest Alliance, etc.); this guarantees a minimum wage in terms of Fair Trade and a minimum sustainability commitment in terms of RFA, Bird Friendly, and Organic; or we purchase stellar cupping lots, i.e., game changing coffee in terms of taste, innovative processing techniques, or coffees we intend to convert to directly sourced coffees.
Our roasting philosophy follows our sourcing methodology. We purchase high quality coffee and roast it just dark enough to accentuate it’s best origin characteristics. We want each coffee to taste like it’s place, that is, its terroir. Our certified coffees tend to be blended lots of many farms and are often of lesser quality. For these, we roast a little darker and blend to achieve a palatable if not outright delicious coffee.

Contact Information

  • Contact Name:
  • Phone: 518-256-4931
  • Email:
  • Address: 13 S. 3rd Ave., Suite C , Highland Park, MIDDLESEX, New Jersey 08904, US

CCOF Programs

  • Certification: USDA NOP
    Status: Surrendered
    Date: January 4, 2023
  • Certification: Handling
    Status: Surrendered
    Date: January 4, 2023

Client Code

pr2884