Organic Certification Cost Share Is Back! Get a Refund of Your Organic Certification Fees

The National Organic Certification Cost Share Program is now open for 2015 applications!

This means that all certified organic entities in the United States are eligible to apply for a refund of 75% of their certification-related costs, including inspection fees, up to a maximum of $750 per certification or certified scope.

Certification cost share helps keep organic certification accessible for all, from the smallest to largest organic operations. Cost share distributes federal funds through state departments of agriculture. Find the right contact for your state.

CCOF encourages all certified operations to apply. Certified operations in good standing may apply for reimbursement of 75% of their organic certification costs incurred between October 1, 2015-September 30, 2016 up to a maximum payment of $750 for each scope of organic certification. Eligible scopes are crops, wild crops, livestock, and processing/handling.

CCOF recommends waiting until after your inspection to maximize your refund. If your certification fees have already reached $1,000, you can apply now because you are already eligible for the maximum reimbursement.

CCOF is standing by to help members with documentation required by the state, including receipts for fees paid to CCOF and verification that you are certified. CCOF encourages all members to apply for the refunds; whether your operation needs the funds or not, applying helps ensure future funding and program availability for small businesses trying to succeed in the organic marketplace.

To make it even easier, CCOF has compiled all cost share forms and instructions for you, including a checklist to mark your progress! Visit our Financial Assistance page to learn more about cost share and how to apply.

Cost share applications must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2016. For more information on cost share in California, visit the CDFA cost share website. For members in other states, contact your state agricultural department.