Are you a farmer who needs seasonal or temporary workers for planting, cultivating, or harvesting crops? The H-2A temporary agricultural workers program–often called the H-2A Visa Program–helps American farmers who anticipate a lack of available domestic workers fill employment gaps by hiring workers from other countries.
With the new Checklist Tool, participating in the Program is now easier than ever.
H-2A Visa Checklist Tool
The interactive H-2A Visa Checklist Tool is the latest addition to the farmers.gov website.
While interest in the H-2A Visa Program grows each year, farmers often find the application process challenging, with information and parts of the process spread across multiple state and federal agencies.
The new farmers.gov H-2A Visa Checklist brings program requirements, fees, forms, and important dates into one location. Answer just a few questions, select the start date for your workers, and get a “to-do checklist” built around your H-2A hiring needs. Then, print or download the checklist as a reference. If you’d prefer to keep it simple, just download calendar reminders from the checklist to your personal device (desktop or mobile).
The H-2A Visa Program
Just looking for some basic program information? Visit the H-2A Visa Program page today. It covers only what beginners really need to know up front, in plain language, and will help you:
- Learn the H-2A visa application basics
- Create your personalized H-2A visa application checklist built around your hiring needs
- Estimate the costs of hiring workers through the H-2A Visa Program
For Farmers, By Farmers
The H-2A Visa Program page–complete with Checklist Tool–is the latest feature on farmers.gov, a dynamic, mobile-friendly website combined with an authenticated portal where customers can apply for programs, process transactions, and manage accounts.
On farmers.gov, you can also:
- Use other disaster assistance discovery tool that asks five simple questions–in a step-by-step guided experience–to provide a personalized list of USDA disaster assistance programs that might meet your individual business needs
- Read success stories about and by America’s farmers, ranchers, forest landowners, and partners
- View farm loan history, payments, and alerts–all from a personal dashboard in the authenticated farmers.gov portal
These and other farmer-focused features are being built through an iterative process to deliver the greatest immediate value to America’s agricultural producers. Farmers.gov is focused on growing as a digital resource for farmers, by farmers.
Posted by Elizabeth Creech, United States Department of Agriculture in Farming. Elizabeth Creech is part of the team building farmers.gov to best support America’s farmers, ranchers, and forest landowners. She can be reached at email@example.com. Originally posted on April 4, 2019, at https://www.farmers.gov/media/blog/2019/04/04/new-h-2a-visa-checklist-tool-now-available