CCOF Hardship Assistance Grants for Organic Producers—Closing Soon
If you—or an organic producer you know—have experienced hardship during the 2021 calendar year, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance through the Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund. The application deadline is midnight on November 5, 2021.
Throughout the nation, farmers are experiencing severe economic losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, extreme weather patterns, an increase in duration and number of natural disasters, and financial challenges. Now, more than ever, organic producers need access to both immediate and long-term financial support to prepare for and recover from natural disasters and economic loss.
Each year, the CCOF Foundation responds to crises like these by offering economic assistance to organic farmers, ranchers, processors, and handlers. Over the past eight years, certified organic businesses across the country have received over $250,000 in financial support through CCOF’s Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund.
Applying for financial assistance from the fund is easy—simply complete our online application by midnight on November 5, 2021. Documentation of your economic loss and current organic certification is required. Assistance will be awarded based on need and available funds.
Applicants who meet the following criteria are welcome to apply:
• Certified organic operation currently in good standing (valid organic certificate required for consideration)
• Severe economic loss experienced in the 2021 calendar year
• Submission of complete hardship description (required for consideration)
• Submission of supporting evidence and financial documentation of economic loss resulting from the hardship (required for consideration)
• Submission of a receipt for organic certification fees paid in 2021 (by any accredited certifier)
• Submission of a progress report/survey six months after you receive the grant
• Grantees from previous years are welcome to reapply
Applications must be received by the CCOF Foundation no later than midnight (PDT) on November 5, 2021. Incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered.
Award amounts range from $1,000–$2,500. Applications must be filled out completely to be eligible for consideration.
For more information, contact Larissa Hernandez at email@example.com or (831) 346-6324.