Assisting Organic Producers in Need Since 2007
If you or an organic producer you know has experienced hardship during the 2021 calendar year, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance through the Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund. The application deadline is midnight on May 28, 2021.
Throughout the nation, farmers are experiencing severe economic losses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, extreme weather patterns, an increase in the duration and number of natural disasters, and financial challenges. Now more than ever, organic producers need access to immediate and long-term financial support to prepare for and recover from natural disasters and economic loss.
Each year, the CCOF Foundation responds to crises like these by offering economic assistance to organic farmers, ranchers, processors, and handlers. Over the past eight years, over 240 certified organic businesses across the country have received financial support through CCOF’s Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund.
Applying for financial assistance from the fund is easy—simply complete our online application by midnight on May 28, 2021. Documentation of your economic loss and current organic certification is required. Assistance will be awarded based on need and available funds.
Applicants who meet the following criteria are welcome to apply:
- Certified organic operations currently in good standing (valid organic certificate required for consideration).
- Severe economic loss experienced in the 2021 calendar year. (Compounded losses from 2020 to 2021 will also be considered.)
- Submission of complete explanation and supporting evidence of economic loss resulting from the hardship (required for consideration).
- Submission of a receipt for organic certification fees paid to any accredited certifier in 2021.
- Submission of a progress report/survey six months after you receive the grant.
- Grantees from previous years are welcome to reapply.
Applications must be received by the CCOF Foundation no later than midnight (PDT) on May 28, 2021. Incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered.
Award amounts range from $1,000 to $2,500. Applications must be filled out completely to be eligible for consideration.
For more information, contact the CCOF Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 423-2263.