Curious about what it takes to transition your operation to organic? Or are you a newly certified producer with questions on how to stay in compliance? Just ask Jamie!
Join weekly Zooms with organic expert Jamie Collins of Serendipity Farms. Learn about organic certification, organic system plans (OSPs), how to get certified, and more. All questions and experience levels welcome! Se habla Español.
Join office hours any and every Tuesday, 11 a.m. to noon
Zoom link: https://ccof.zoom.us/j/81895267381
Meeting ID: 818 9526 7381
Check the CCOF calendar for upcoming Organic Office Hours.
Topics discussed may include, but not limited to the following:
- How to complete the Organic System Plan (OSP) and apply for certification
- How to learn more about organic production methods and materials
- Are you eligible for organic?
- How to choose an organic certifier
- How to prepare for an annual inspection
- How to add new parcels, transfer parcels to other farmers, or remove parcels from certification
- How to figure out if materials (fertilizer, pest control, etc.) are approved for organic use
- All the compost questions! Is it compost or manure? What about compost tea?
- How to determine if buffer zones are adequate between a non-organic neighbor and your organic or transitional parcel
- How to be in compliance as a mixed operation (both organic and conventional crops)
- And much more!
Send your questions ahead of time to email@example.com.
Hop on and learn some information that will make the process easier. See you there!
Organic Office Hours are supported by the Transition to Organic Partnership Program (TOPP), a program of the USDA Organic Transition Initiative that offers free technical assistance, mentorship, and ongoing support for transitioning and existing organic producers. To learn more about TOPP support for organic transition, visit www.organictransition.org.