Curious about what it takes to transition your operation to organic? Or a newly certified producer with questions on how to stay in compliance? Just ask Jamie!
Join weekly zooms with Organic Expert Jamie Collins from Serendipity Farms and learn about Organic certification, Organic System Plans, how to certify organic, and more. All questions and experience levels welcome!
Topics include, but not limited to:
- How to complete the Organic System Plan (OSP) apply for certification.
- How to learn more about organic production methods and materials.
- Are you eligible for organic?
- How to choose an organic certifier.
- How to prepare for an annual inspection.
- How to add new parcels, transfer parcels to other farmers or remove parcels from certification.
- How to figure out if a materials (fertilizer, pest control, etc.) is approved for organic use.
- All the compost questions! Is it compost or manure? What about compost tea?
- Buffer zones between a conventional neighbor and your organic or transitional parcel.
- How to be in compliance as a mixed operation (both organic and conventional crops.)
- And much more!
Join office hours any and every Tuesday, 11am-noon
Jamie Collins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Organic Office Hours
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Meeting ID: 899 4117 6462