CCOF is invested in the future of organic, and the Future Organic Farmers grant is an investment in our future food system. The more beginning farmers who pursue organic, the more we increase organic acreage and feed our communities organic food.
Emma Kloes, 2023 Future Organic Farmer, is studying at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College and is a second year Organic Vegetable Farm Management Apprentice. Emma is an emerging organic leader and believes this apprenticeship is “an educational hub where people can come to learn and be in relationship with each other and land and [organic] growing practices.” Students like Emma and her fellow cohort thrive from hands-on experience, an opportunity supported by the Future Organic Farmer grant.
We are looking for higher education and vocational students, like Emma, seeking support pursuing their degrees or certificates in organic agriculture. This Future Organic Farmers grant will help cover tuition and educational expenses.
Future Organic Farmer grant applicants must
- be enrolled in an educational program in the United States that will benefit their career in organic agriculture, including vocational training/certificate programs or two or four-year degrees;
- demonstrate financial need;
- demonstrate a strong interest and commitment to a career in organic agriculture; and
- submit a final report at the end of the award year.
- Prior grantees are welcome to re-apply.
- Applications require a letter of reference from a teacher, mentor, or agricultural professional.
- Funds can be used for the following purposes: tuition, educational materials or resources, internships or work experience expenses, costs directly associated with your organic studies/career development.
- Grant funds cannot be used for organic certification fees.
Grant applications will be open March 19 through April 19, 2024.
*Please check our website for the direct link to our application once it opens.
To learn more or for support with your application, please reach out to Hanali Lopez-Tapia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Se habla español.
If you’d like to donate to this fund, please go visit our website.