Any time you are considering a change to your organic production, you must update your Organic System Plan before making any changes and submit the update to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Updating your OSP before making changes helps your operation avoid a Notice of Noncompliance and possible suspension of your certification. This includes changes to the following:
- Change in management or authorized contacts (CCOF can only communicate with authorized contacts)
- Change in farm or livestock input materials
- Change or addition of processing aids
- Parcel changes – addition, transfer, or withdrawal
- Updates to labels, including private labels that you do not own
- Change in how your crop will be handled post-harvest
- New organic products, including private labels that you pack into
- Change to formulation of product or ingredient suppliers
- Facility relocation or change in equipment
- Change or addition of new equipment cleaners or facility pest control procedures
- Change in livestock inventory
- Change in livestock feed vendor or feed ration formulation
Unsure if a change will affect your OSP? Ask email@example.com! Please allow as much time as possible for review of your update. If you require a fast review, you may consider our Rush Review or Expedited Programs. For processors and Handlers, use the Handler OSP Update Guide to ensure you submit all forms.
CCOF provides individualized training on how to maintain your Organic System Plan in our systems!
Get yourself or your staff up to speed on CCOF’s certification systems and how to maintain your Organic System Plan (OSP) with CCOF’s OSP Walk-Through Service. Walk-throughs will be led by a CCOF Certification Specialist and can be customized for your specific operation. Use this form to request an OSP Walk-Through with a CCOF Certification Specialist.