What are export and transaction certificates? How do I request one?

Esta página también está disponible en español

« Return to all FAQs

Export and transaction certificates are used for exported products to demonstrate the product's compliance with the applicable standards of the destination country. The certificates contain transaction-specific details, such as the lot number(s), net weight, and the unique serial number that the certifier issues for each export certificate. Your importer or consignee will require an original export certificate to clear your product with customs. Copies are not sufficient. Exports to the EU and Switzerland are processed through TRACES and are electronic only.

  • Export Certificates are mandatory for exports to nations that require additional verification to be sold as organic, either through an equivalence or direct compliance. This includes exports to the EU, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, or Taiwan. To export to these locations, you must be enrolled in the appropriate Global Market Access (GMA) Program or our International Standard Program.  
  • NOP Transaction Certificates are for exports to nations that have not established an organic equivalence with he U.S. and do not require additional verification. This certificate is also used for domestic buyers that require additional documentation for a purchase. Your NOP certification allows you to request this document.

Once you've confirmed your product(s) are listed as compliant to the applicable market on your CCOF Client Profile, and you have a shipment confirmed for departure, complete the appropriate Export Certificate Request Packet and send it to export@ccof.org

Learn more about exports and our International Programs and how to enroll.

Explore additional Forms & Docs and FAQs with related topics
Certification Topics