This contract for certification includes basic business information and confirms your intent to obtain PrimusGFS certification from CCOF.
PrimusGFS is owned and managed by Azzule Systems. PrimusGFS is a GFSI benchmarked food safety certification program, proving total supply chain coverage.
PrimusGFS key benefits:
- Certifies each operation activity individually
- Certification customer support in U.S.
GLOBALG.A.P. Key benefits:
- Group and multi-site certification options
- One certification for vertically integrated operations or grower operations regardless of number of ranches and harvest crews
- Includes environmental sustainability and worker welfare control points
- Apply for PrimusGFS Services by completing the CCOF PrimusGFS Contract. Contract forms are available here.
- We will use your information to construct your online PrimusGFS portal.
- Provide any remaining details to accept your application by emailing email@example.com.
- We will schedule an inspection during harvest or production.
- Good Agricultural Practices: For production areas in farms, indoor agricultural and Harvest crews
- Good Manufacturing Practices: For Storage and distribution, Cooler/Cold Storage, Packing houses and Processing Facilities
- Be sure to also talk to your buyers to determine the best program.
This manual describes the standards that apply to operations joining CCOF’s PrimusGFS program.
- Risk assessments and checklists per program can help you construct your plan depending on activities.
- Self-assessment – using the specific GFSI standard checklist (PrimusGFS, IFA, HPSS, PHA, etc), you must self-inspect your own operation, record comments in each of the control points and if necessary, document evidence of corrective actions taken to fix any deficiencies.
- Update your Food Safety Plan any time there are changes to products/ parcels/ acreage operation or changes to activities (e.g. addition of new packing equipment or line or addition of a new product).
- You are required to review and if necessary, update your Food Safety Plan annually at a minimum.
- Submit an application as soon as possible to ensure efficient inspection scheduling. Inspectors book up fast and last minute applications may be more expensive.
- Prepare for your inspection by completing a program specific self-assessment (e.g. PrimusGFS, IFA, HPSS, or PHA).
- Completing the self-assessment -- control point by control point -- will help ensure you are prepared.
- Food Safety inspections must occur during the harvest, and if applicable, packing of the products you wish to be certified.
- Products with differing harvest practices and timings may require a harvest follow up inspection to verify harvest/packing practices, e.g.