CCOF is a growing organization that seeks highly qualified and trained professionals. Employment opportunities for organic inspectors may also be available.
We welcome applications from committed and talented individuals interested in working as organic certification staff year-round. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will contact you if you are selected for an interview. For all other positions, see availability below.
Our staff enjoys many benefits that make CCOF an excellent place to work. Our dog friendly office, proximity to the Pacific Ocean, supportive atmosphere, organic staff lunches, and strong benefits package are all reasons why our staff members love working here, year after year. Plus, CCOF is a Certified Green Business with the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program. Learn more about working at CCOF.
Current Available Positions:
- Certification Operations Assistant
- Social Auditors- CCOF ROC Program
- Animal Welfare Auditors- CCOF ROC Program
CCOF Organic Inspectors
CCOF organic inspectors are highly qualified professional auditors possessing a combination of relevant education and work experience in crops, and/or livestock, and/or food processing and handling. The basic qualifications for an organic inspector are:
- At least two years of farming, livestock, and/or processing-related work experience.
- Passing the Basic Crop, Livestock, and/or Processing Inspector course(s) offered by the International Organic Inspectors Association.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (e.g. agriculture, plant science, food science, etc). This third item is sometimes negotiable, depending on your work experience related to farming, livestock, and/or processing.
CCOF contracts with qualified organic inspectors based on regional needs. It is important that inspectors be located near our members or have the ability to plan cost-effective travel.
To apply or learn more about organic inspection opportunities, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact this email for general employment opportunities.
CCOF is Currently Seeking:
CCOF is currently seeking multi-scope (farm and processing) organic inspectors who live near the following areas:
- Southern San Joaquin Valley, California
- Austin, Texas
- Flagstaff, Arizona
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- San Luis Obispo, California
- Santa Barbara, California
- Inquiries from all regions are always welcome.
The basic qualifications for an organic inspector are:
- At least two years of farming or livestock work experience or food processing work experience.
- Passing the related IOIA Basic Crop, Livestock, or Processing Inspector course(s) (see https://www.ioia.net/schedule_LOL.html).
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (e.g. agriculture, plant science, or food science). This third item is sometimes negotiable, depending on your work experience related to farming or processing.
Applicants who are qualified for organic farm and processor/handler inspections will be given preference, but we will consider applicants who are qualified for either organic farm or organic processor/handler inspections.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CCOF Food Safety Inspectors
CCOF inspects and audits farms and packing-houses to the GLOBALG.A.P. standards. We are currently hiring individuals with inspector and auditor qualifications per the GLOBALG.A.P. General Regulations v5.0-2, Annex III.1 and III.2.
Hiring is based on regional supply and demand loads, location, and experience in organic production. Additional training with CCOF will be required.
If you are interested in applying or learning more about food safety inspection opportunities, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact this email for general employment opportunities.