Certification Help and Support
Organic certification can be complex but it doesn’t have to be confusing. CCOF provides information and resources that help you through the process.
To become certified, you must complete an application called an Organic System Plan (OSP) that describes your operation and explains how it works. The application process also requires you to include some additional information, such as proof that your land is eligible for certification or that an ingredient in your product meets organic requirements. Our certification help and support resources are designed to help you determine what applies to you and assist you in providing complete and detailed information.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) — From getting started to determining what inputs can be used, find all your answers here.
- Support Resources — A tool kit for gaining and maintaining certification. Be sure to check out our handy tips!
- Recordkeeping Tools — Recordkeeping is crucial to the audit trail. Download our templates for easy recordkeeping.
- Labeling Resources — CCOF has an array of logos and labeling resources for domestic and foreign markets at your disposal.
- Certification Service Specialists — Certification Service Specialists are available full time to answer certification questions and review OSP updates.
- Food Safety Services — Helping you reach the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) safety benchmarks!
- Listing of Organic and Regulatory Consultants — Need additional help? Find a consultant who works with operations like yours.
Looking for Online Tools?
MyCCOF has you covered. With a free MyCCOF account, you can search and add materials to your Organic System Plan (OSP), track your CCOF-certified suppliers, manage your certification documents, and track the inspection and certification process. Learn more about MyCCOF »
CCOF’s OSP Walk-Through Service
Get yourself or your staff up to speed on maintaining your OSP as quickly as possible with CCOF’s new OSP Walk-Through Service. Walk-throughs will be led by a CCOF Certification Specialist and can be customized for your specific operation. By the end of the training, your staff will understand your operation’s OSP and how to update it, how to track and respond to CCOF compliance requests, where to find inspection information, and how to best prepare for an inspection. Learn more and register for a walk-through today!