Should I inform CCOF if I am moving my operation to a new address?

« Return to all FAQs

Response times may be slow due to the wildfires affecting Santa Cruz County and Covid-19. Organic compliance deadlines and inspections will be delayed for businesses affected by these crises. Read the latest updates on the Northern California wildfires, and visit our Covid-19 webpage to find pandemic-specific information »

Los tiempos de respuesta serán lentos debido a los incendios forestales afectando al condado de Santa Cruz y COVID-19. Los plazos de cumplimiento orgánico y las inspecciones se retrasarán para los negocios afectados por estas crisis.  Lea las últimas actualizaciones sobre los incendios forestales del norte de California y visite nuestra página web de Covid-19 para encontrar información específica a la pandemia »

Yes! Always submit changes that may affect compliance to CCOF for review. Changes to your facility location may require an update to your OSP and an additional inspection.

If your address is changing because your office or billing location has changed, simply complete the Equipment, Facility or Address Change Form and confirm that no organic storage, processing, or packaging occurs there.

If your address is changing because you are moving to a new facility where organic storage, processing, or packaging occurs, allow 2-3 months for review of the new facility. Review the instructions in the Equipment, Facility or Address Change Form and update your OSP to reflect any changes to your site plan, processes, materials, and products. New facilities will likely require an additional inspection. Products processed in locations prior to an inspection may not be sold as organic until a certification decision has been made by CCOF. Upon review of your update you will be charged an add/change facility fee, if applicable, as described in the Certification Services Program Manual.

You'll need the following forms for your new processing facility location:

If you will produce new products, also complete the following:

If there has been a change to your organic business that resulted in a new Tax ID, business structure, or owner, submit the Business Change Application.