Organizational Overview: CCOF advances organic agriculture for a healthy world. We advocate on behalf of our members for organic policies, support the growth of organic through education and grants, and provide organic certification that is personal and accessible.
CCOF is a nonprofit organization governed by the people who grow and make our food. Founded in California more than 40 years ago, our roots now span the breadth of North America, and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
The Certification Operations Assistant to work in the Santa Cruz office with a team to complete a wide range of administrative tasks associated with the certification of organic food. Duties performed are essential to the certification process and include direct communication with members, data entry, and administrative support for staff. This is an entry-level position.
This is a full-time, salary non-exempt status position reporting to the Certification Operations Manager.
- Communicate with CCOF members regarding general questions.
- Provide incoming phone and email customer support.
- Work daily with a proprietary database and complete data entry for new applications and client updates.
- Provide certification staff support through workload management.
- Work on special projects, trainings and updating work instructions as needed.
- Support Cert Ops Team by helping to onboard new team members
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Competency in word processing, databases, and email
- Ability to operate independently and solve problems with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Consistency, dependability, and punctuality
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Spanish language skills, sufficient to communicate verbally and in writing with Spanish-speaking clients
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience or interest in organic agriculture and production
Compensation: CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and benefits such as superb health plans, 401(k) program, and generous sick/personal and vacation time. The Certification Operations Assistant’s starting salary will be $48,048/year.
Hiring Process: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Certification Operations Assistant” in the subject line:
- Cover letter summarizing your interest in CCOF and the position, and qualifications
- Current resume
- List of three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
CCOF is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.