Location: San Jose
Schedule: Monday-Friday, onsite hours 7:30am-4:00pm.
Benefits: Benefits for full-time employees include: Health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer matching, FSA & Dependent Care plan, Paid vacation, access to company vehicle and mileage reimbursement when needed.
Compensation: $24 - $28/hr
Status: Full time
Farmscape is the largest urban farming company in California, with a commitment to creating food-focused, climate-resilient landscapes. Since 2008, we have designed, installed and maintained hundreds of customized gardens as beautiful as they are abundant.
Our low-impact, sustainable Farmscapes are lively, vibrant spaces that feature native, low-water plants to complement the food we grow. As trusted local farmers, we grow food for single-family homes, master-planned communities, Fortune 500 companies, Michelin-starred chefs and World Series Champions.
- Make weekly maintenance visits to corporate gardens that the farmer independently manages
- Manage all aspects of annual vegetable cultivation from planning and planting plots to leaving a harvest for clients
- Keep detailed records during weekly visits
- Maintain relationships with clients, both in-person and via phone/email
- Adhere to Farmscape best practices in managing farms
- Communicate promptly with supervisor regarding supply needs and unexpected garden issues
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Represent Farmscape in a friendly and professional manner
- Determine planting layouts and harvests based on the menus of chefs/clients.
- Provide suitable tasks & oversee crew of 1-2
- Daily communication with manager to ensure smooth service
- Continue to develop expertise and knowledge, communicating to management areas requiring support
- Contribute to supportive and accountable work environment
- 2+ years experience with annual vegetable cultivation and/or landscaping
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to perform manual work, lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform physical labor outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and professionally with customers and staff
- Ability to learn and adapt to Farmscape best practices
- Organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Valid driver’s license
$24 - $28 / hr
Benefits for full-time employees include: Health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer matching, FSA & Dependent Care plan, Paid vacation, Monthly Smartphone reimbursement and Mileage reimbursement. Vacations are not permitted during season switch months.