ABOUT THE ROLE
The Ridge market garden field manager candidate will direct and coordinate farm activities. In the first stage the focus is to develop the farm productive systems, which include, to prep and amend growing beds in its different sections, irrigation system, germinate and propagate vegetables and perennial plants, develop production system in one the greenhouses (three in total by the summer), to manage the planting of the fruit orchard. All of this done with respect and care for soil and the land.
- To manage and coordinate farm activities.
- Lay down growing sections.
- Prep and amend growing permanent raised beds.
- Lay down the irrigation systems for orchards and farm.
- Keep record of the developing process(activities, time, coasts and fertility)
- Start a propagation house for vegetables and perennial plants.
- Activate the production in one of the green houses.
- Prep the space for the fruit orchard and plant the trees
- Honesty and ethics towards the land, the people and native creatures.
- Previous farming experience.
- Vegetable production experience.
- Notions on organic agriculture or other regenerative/sustainable systems.
- Communication skills.
- Record keeping experience.
- Crew managing experience.
- Operating small machinery