Apricot Lane Farms is a 234-acre farm in Moorpark, California: home of The Biggest Little Farm. With a team that makes the seemingly impossible possible, the farm regeneratively grows more than 200 varieties of fruits and vegetables, and raises sheep, cows, pigs, chickens, and ducks with care and respect while working in harmony (or a comfortable level of disharmony) within a dynamic ecosystem. Orchard Team members are responsible for the care of 100+ acres of over 70 fruit tree varieties under the guidance of the Orchard Manager and the Director of Soil and Plant Fertility. This is an entry level position with room for advancement for someone with a minimum of 2 years experience working on a farm.
- All aspects of fruit tree care, including planting, mulching, weeding, thinning and pruning.
- Harvesting fruit in a safe, efficient manner, ensuring productivity & quality goals are met.
- Irrigation installation, monitoring, repair and maintenance.
- Gopher and squirrel trapping
- Support the farm’s needs outside of all core responsibilities, including but not limited to, the moving and organizing of equipment, tools, and other related items, as well as addressing reasonable requests by Farm Management.
- Maintain a safe environment
- Expected to use care and consideration with the Apricot Lane Farms tools and vehicles, returning all items to their proper homes and keeping a tidy workspace.
- Maintain a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive attitude and communicate any issues to direct supervisors and Farm Management according to Apricot Lane Farms protocol for discussion and resolution.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Bilingual - Spanish & English (Preferred)
- Forklift and Tractor experience (A Plus)
- Ability to work well independently as well as with all Orchard Team Members and members of the whole farm team
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heavy rain, winds, heat etc.)
- Full-time position
- Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm
Compensation & Benefits
- $20 - $24/ hour, DOE
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account)
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount on food and merchandise