CDFA to Issue Provisional Cannabis Licenses

In late September, California Governor Jerry Brown signed S.B. 1459 into law. S.B. 1459 allows the California Department of Food and Agriculture’s (CDFA) CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing Division to immediately create provisional cannabis cultivation licenses as a bridge between temporary and annual cultivation licenses. A provisional license will effectively be the same as an annual license but will not be renewable. 
To qualify for a provisional commercial cannabis cultivation license, an applicant must:
Hold or have held a temporary cannabis cultivation license for the same premises and the same commercial cannabis activity,
Submit a completed state annual cultivation license application, and
Pay the application fee.
Provisional cannabis cultivation licenses are only valid for 12 months from the date issued and shall not be renewed. Licensees are required to submit all applicable applications and fees. 
For more information about provisional, temporary, and annual commercial cannabis cultivation licenses, contact CDFA’s CalCannabis Licensing Division at 1-833-225-4769 or