Exporting Organic Product: CCOF International Programs
Are you selling products outside of the United States? You may benefit from one of CCOF’s international programs. CCOF’s Global Market Access (GMA) and International Standard programs are available to clients who export organic products or sell raw products that may be processed into a value-added product for international export. Clients exporting to the EU, Japan, Canada, or other global markets are encouraged to enroll.
When you enroll in the CCOF GMA or International Standard programs, your operation will be reviewed by CCOF staff to determine if you meet the requirements of the importing markets. Your product will be listed as eligible for export on your organic certificate if it meets the requirements of your import market.
CCOF is an Expert in Organic Exports
Do you need additional information about specific export documentation? CCOF has tools to help you directly export your organic products to international markets, including EU, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, and others.
Which Program is Right for You?
You need to enroll in the CCOF Global Market Access (GMA) program if you do any of the following:
- Want to maximize market opportunities and ensure your products will be accepted by most foreign markets and buyers.
- Export CCOF certified organic products to Japan or the EU from the United States.
- Export CCOF certified organic products to Canada from any location.
- Design labels for products that will be sold in Canada or the EU.
- Grow apples or pears, or make products containing apples or pears, that are exported or used in products exported to the EU.
- Produce wine that may be exported to the EU.
- Grow crops or make products containing crops that appear on CCOF’s list of high risk crops (such as carrots, potatoes, or leafy greens) that are exported to Canada or used in products exported to Canada.
- Raise non-ruminant livestock, or make livestock products from non-ruminant livestock, that are exported to Canada.
- Sell CCOF certified organic products to any buyer who requires international verification certification.
When you enroll in the GMA program CCOF will verify that your product and label meet requirements for foreign markets where the US National Organic Program has equivalency agreements or arrangements, including Canada, the EU, and Japan. Services under this program are only $125 each for Canada, Japan, or the EU.
Send a completed GMA application to email@example.com to enroll in the program! If you want to export wine to the EU, you must also complete the EU Wine Approval Application. See CCOF’s Global Market Access Program Manual for details about specific international standards and the GMA program.
Exporting to the EU or Canada? Additional information about market requirements is available.
You need to enroll in the CCOF International Standard program if you:
- Export to Switzerland from any location.
- Export to the EU from outside of the United States.
The CCOF International Standard program is for operations outside the United States and those shipping to Switzerland directly. CCOF is accredited under ISO Guide 65 and offers equivalency verification to Europe’s organic regulations, EEC 834/2007, for operations shipping directly to the EU from outside the United States. Additionally, this program verifies equivalency with Swiss organic standards.
Send a completed Grower or Handler International Standard Application to firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in the program!
See CCOF’s International Standard Program Manual and read about exporting to the EU to learn more about the International Standard program.
You do not need to enroll in any international program if you:
- Grow crops other than apples and pears that are exported to the EU or used as ingredients in products exported to the EU.
- Grow crops that are not on the CCOF list of high risk crops that are exported to Canada or used as ingredients in products exported by someone else to Canada.
- Raise ruminant livestock that are exported to Canada or make livestock products from ruminant livestock that are exported to Canada.
Contact email@example.com with additional questions about international programs or exports.