Veritable Vegetable is seeking a full time Account Manager to develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customers and to contribute to Sales Department goals.
Veritable Vegetable provides full service distribution of certified organic fresh fruits and vegetables to retailers, restaurants, and wholesalers. Veritable Vegetable is a woman owned business, founded on principles of cooperation, participatory management, and ethical business practices. Located in San Francisco, California, we have been creating community alliances and promoting sustainable agriculture since 1974. We are the oldest organic produce distributor in the nation.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Meet goals established for assigned customer accounts: volume, margin, credits, etc.
• Interact with customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, handle all transactions including sales orders, invoices, credits, etc.
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses
• Quote standard prices; identify and get approval from Sales Manager for pricing strategies for individual accounts
• Provide ongoing account support: understand customer needs, direct resources as needed, resolve account problems
• Provide customers with product samples
• Monitor sales activity (sales goal, volume, trends, history for each account), analyze activity and prepare reports for Sales Manager
• Conduct in-store visits to provide face-to-face time and visual assessment of store
• Monitor market conditions, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
• 2 years of experience in sales or customer service
• Produce industry experience required; retail produce experience a plus
• Knowledge of produce varieties and seasonality
• Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce
• Comfortable with office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be an insurable driver
Compensation: $52,500 - $70,000/yr including full benefits -- medical PPO, dental, vision, 401(k) w/4% match and more...
Email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (415) 920-0448.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds.