Sustainable Seed Co. is a certified organic seed farm committed to the cultivation and preservation of heirloom seeds. We sell over 1,650 varieties of seeds, 30% of which we personally grow. What's not grown on site is sourced from American farmers, families and seed houses. As our name implies, we operate in a sustainable manner, with a Green Initiative that sets the standard in the Seed Industry.
We're seeking a full-time or multiple part-time seed specialists to join our team for the 2014 season, with the opportunity for permanent employment at the end of the season. The work location is our organic farm in Covelo, a relatively remote and spectacularly beautiful area of Northern California.
Seed Specialist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process orders, pack seeds & ship orders
- Resolve customer service issues via phone & computer
- Answer customer questions at a small farm & garden level
- Assist farm management with production from seed to seed
- Receive & stock products and supplies
- General warehouse cleaning & maintenance
NOTE: Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility and sense of humor
- HUSTLE mentality; ability to thrive in a fast-paced
- Commitment to sustainable, GMO-free agriculture
- Familiarity with an extensive variety of heirloom grains, vegetables, flowers, herbs & cover crops
- Experience caring for livestock (we keep chickens, ducks, pigs & rabbits)
To apply, please email completed Employment Application (on our website at www.sustainableseedco.com/jobs), resume, and cover with the Subject "Seed Specialist" to jobs [at] sustainableseedco.com. Application information can also be provided in the body of your email (no need to duplicate information on your resume). Alternately, you can mail your application materials to Sustainable Seed Co., P.O. Box 38, Covelo, CA 95428.
Sustainable Seed Co. is a drug- and tobacco-free environment.