Belcampo California is a farm, slaughterhouse, butcher shop, and restaurant. Each part of our value chain is integral in the success of the company as a whole.
Belcampo Farms is a 20,000-acre organic farm that provides high-quality, healthy, and great tasting meats to our retail markets and restaurants. By controlling the entire production chain – from the farm, through slaughter and processing, and right through to the point of sale – Belcampo offers an unparalleled experience to the consumer, ideal for an emerging market of consumers concerned about food safety, environmental responsibility, and taste quality. We also focus on humane handling and production of all of the species raised.
We currently have one store in operation and are in the process of building five more. This means more than tripling the amount of production on our farm, and we are looking for a poultry manager to join our team achieve this growth gracefully and successfully.
Belcampo has a dynamic and diverse team. We find that the following characteristics are shared among the individuals who thrive on our team:
• Problem Solvers
• Love Food
• Sense of Humor
The Poultry Manager is responsible for the daily operational activities of the multi-species poultry program at Belcampo Farms. This position will plan, oversee and participate in the management of all aspects of the poultry production program, including:
- Poultry husbandry;
- Egg production;
- Incubation and hatchery;
- Breeding selection;
- Manure management and collection;
- Coordination of transport to proprietary slaughter facility;
- Coordination poultry feeding and water systems;
- Maintenance of livestock housing and equipment:
- Creation and management of production records;
- Maintenance of strict bio-security measures;
This position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that annual production targets for poultry are met;
- Care, accountability, protection and well-being of all poultry, including but not limited to meat chickens, layer chickens, quail, chukar, guinea, squab, geese, rabbits and ducks
- Upkeep of the fixed and mobile facilities associated with poultry production and animal husbandry as well as winter husbandry.
- Implementing USDA Organic standards, as stipulated in the National Organic Program;
- Hiring, management of and supervision of all poultry personnel including both year-round and seasonal staff.
Recommended skills/experience includes:
- Three years livestock/poultry management experience;
- High school diploma/GED required, Bachelors Degree recommended (relevant major encouraged);
- Farm implement operation;
- Mechanical repair and maintenance;
- Experience in organic animal husbandry and accompanying record keeping;
- Position reports to the Vice President of Production
Salary is competitive. Benefits offered.
Please send resumes to email@example.com, we will respond to all queries within 48 hours of receipt.